Tuesday–October 26, 2021
Location–Home of Whitman & Anne (Peale) Groves, Williamstown, Massachusetts
A nor’easter has been churning off the coast the last couple of days. It came in last night, bringing wind and surging rain early this morning, lasting this entire day, Rain accumulation, three-plus inches in some places–flood warnings out up and down the coast. Whitman and Anne are happy to have us stay today, take a zero, then rest up another night. What great benefit to be out of it, dry and warm. Thanks dear friends!
Plans are to be up at five in the morning, straighten up, load, and hit the road for New York. It’s a two-hour drive down to SR-52 where I interrupted the northbound segment of my trek late last July. If we manage to get there early enough tomorrow morning, we’ll work at getting in a full hiking day. Forecast is a bit iffy, cloudy, windy, possible rain. We’ll see how it goes…
Our doubts are traitors,
and make us lose the good we oft might win,
by fearing to attempt.