Thursday–August 12, 2021
Well, we’d planned to climb Katahdin today, and had hoped the forecast for rainy weather would change, but it has not. Rain has set in and remains pretty much steady. So, decision is to take a zero-mile hiking day today, rest until this evening, then drive up to Katahdin Stream Campground, there to spend the night. Forecast is for good weather tomorrow. We’ll be ready first light!
There’s no glory in climbing a mountain
if all you want to do is to get to the top.
It’s experiencing the climb itself
– that has to be the goal.